Sheriff Issued Permits

Apply in person at the Law Enforcement Center.

Buoy and Floating Raft Permits
Permits are needed for any temporary structure not extending from shore, or any buoy or sign in the water as required by Minnesota State Statue 6110.1800.

Water or Ice Event Use Permits
Permits are needed whenever an event occurs on, in, or upon the water. Includes event such as snowmobile races on ice, ice/open water fishing contests, triathlon races, etc. (Required by Minn. State Statue Chapter 86B.121.

Burning Permits
Minnesota DNR
Cook County Sheriff’s Office does NOT issue burning permits

Contact Us

Cook County Law Enforcement Center
143 Gunflint Trail
Grand Marais, MN 55604

Phone: 218.387.3030
Fax: 218.387.3032

Dial 911 for Emergencies

© 2017 Cook County Minnesota