Cook County 911 Services
Cook County 911 dispatch receives emergency and non-emergency calls for assistance and information. Cook County 911 dispatches for the Cook County Sheriff’s Office, 9 fire departments, 7 first responder departments and 3 ambulance stations that all together total 6 ambulances as well as Search and Rescue and local STOP teams.
Other outside agencies that dispatch works frequently with are MN State Patrol, US Border Patrol, US Customs and Border Patrol, MN DNR, USFS, Lake County Sheriff’s Office various Canadian agencies, 1854 Wardens and USCG are just to name a few.
- Receive and respond to a variety of emergency and non-emergency services and complaints.
- Determine and assign the level of priority to the call and enter the data into a computer aided dispatch system (CAD). This allows for radio dispatch as well as allowing the information to flow to computers installed in every squad car.
- Perform emergency medical dispatch and crisis intervention services.
- Dispatch and coordinate the responses of public safety agencies
- Monitor and respond to a variety of technical systems and alarms.
911 Note: Please be aware that when a 911 call is placed within Cook County there is at least an 8 second delay before the call is connected.