Individuals and families with low incomes who meet eligibility rules may qualify for Minnesota Health Care Programs
You can apply in person at the Cook County Courthouse during business hours. You can request a paper application by calling 218-387-3620.
If you are:
- 65 years of age or older
- Receiving Medicare coverage
- Receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Applying for Medical Assistance for Employed Person with Disabilities (MA-EPD)
If you are:
- A person who lives in or may need to move to a nursing home
- A person with a disability or age 65 or older who would like services to help you stay in your home
Apply through the MNSure health care marketplace. Applying for health care through MNsure is the fastest way to obtain coverage and if you are eligible for public assistance health coverage, such as medical assistance, MNsure may be able to provide an immediate eligibility determination.
Certified navigators and brokers are available throughout the state to help you. Search the assister directory to find a navigator or broker near you.
Use the online application at MNsure.org or download the Application for Health Coverage and Help Paying Costs
and mail to or drop off our office at 411 W. 2nd Street, Grand Marais, MN 55604.