Geographic Information Systems
Geospatial technology and services that support the development, integration, and management of Cook County’s GIS (mapping) content.
GIS maps, apps, and data may be accessed directly through the GIS Portal on the County’s website. Indirectly, GIS data is often a critical data component of county applications used by public safety, land records, transportation, and others.
We add value by:
- Creating custom applications for County departments that improve the quality and efficiency of services
- Custom, downloadable applications for property owners, residents and visitors based on common data requests
- Open data portal which allows anyone to access the GIS content they need
- Maintain data integrity and continuous development of GIS data to ensure most current and comprehensive data is available for data requests and county services
- Work with County departments to understand their specific business requirements and GIS data needs
- Work with application vendors when a GIS interface is required
- Provide project management for new application implementation and significant upgrades to current applications